Wednesday 8 June 2016

OBSESSED INCEST (Part 8)



MALADY

She couldn’t believe what she just heard. Cancer sounded like a fairy tale to her; she never believed it could happen to someone close to her. She watched cases on the television; she read it in the papers and always saw it as a distant disease. She stared at him wide eyed,
“Mathew, I didn’t hear you clearly. What did you say?”. His head dropped, “I have cancer Tina”.
“I don’t understand this. What do you mean? Does this just this happen all of a sudden or it has been there the whole time?”. He kept quiet. For the first time in a long time, he looked really helpless and sad. She was moved with so much emotion for her husband. She touched his face as tears filled her eyes.
“how long have you known this?”
“for a while now”
“and you didn’t see it as a necessary thing to tell your family. Mathew, I am your wife and not just anybody, I am the half of you, I am your blood, why would did you keep this away from me?”
“I thought I could get cured. I didn’t go for any business trip, I went to see my doctor and stay away from the house so I wouldn’t be suspected. The symptoms started all of a sudden, I knew right then that there was something really wrong with me”.
She took his arm and led him back to the sitting room. They sat down and continued their conversation.
“what were the symptoms?”
“I noticed I started getting full after a small meal, weakness, the upper part of my stomach and my shoulder hurts a lot, I knew I needed to see a doctor fast. I got there and was told I have liver cancer”. She looked at him closely
“your eyes are a bit yellowish Mathew”
“I know and I have lost weight a little”. She looked at him again and noticed that what he said was actually true. How could I be so blinded not to see that my husband was suffering” she thought with so much sadness.
“you would have to have an operation for it as soon as possible Mathew”, she said
“its too late for an operation, I have to start chemotherapy”, he responded
“a chemo what?” she was shattered,
“Tina, we would go through this together and we would survive”
“I can’t believe this is happening to me” she sobbed. He drew her closer and cradled her head on his chest. The liquid from her eyes drenched his shirt.
Williams stood at the entrance of the living room unnoticed. He heard everything and wasn’t moved with emotion a bit.
“I hope he dies” he muttered. He left for his little sister’s room.
“daddy is sick” he said as soon as he entered her room,
“okay” she responded without taking her eyes off the comic book she was reading.
“he has cancer”, her eyes speed up to look at him
“cancer?”
“yes”
“oh my God, that’s bad isn’t it?”
“of course it is”
“how bad Williams”
“well according to what I heard, he can’t go through any operation but can only do a chemotherapy”
“and that means what?”
“it means he can die at any time”. Mia gasped; she suddenly became scared of loosing her father. So many times she wished he was dead but this felt different.
“why are you feeling sorry for him?” Williams sounded disgusted
“he’s our father”
“no no no, not our but your father” he said and left her. Mia rushed to the living room to hear for herself. She got there and saw her mom sobbing. She got closer and saw how sad her father was.
“mommy why are you crying?”. The sound of her daughters voice jerked her head from Mathew’s chest
“what are you doing here?” Tina asked and at the same time tried to wipe her eyes with the back of her palm,
“Williams said daddy has cancer”
“who told him that?’
“he over heard it”. Mathew beckoned on Mia to come closer. She was scared of him but walked boldly to his side.
“sit down beside me”, she obeyed. He took both of her hands and squeezed it lightly, “we will all survive this I promise” she nodded her head but couldn’t look at his eyes directly, they always looked stern.
“look at me Mia”, she raised her eyes slowly to meet his eyes. For the first time she saw softness in them. His face was calm and accommodating. “at this stage we all have to stay strong for each other. Now go to your room allow me and your mother to have a private time together”.
As she went to her room she had thoughts swirling round in her head. She couldn’t believe her father could ever be calm like this. “Maybe cancer is good. It has made him more loving” she thought, but then she felt guilty after the thought, cancer was a dangerous disease and can kill as well as. “I hope he gets better” she thought aloud.
A week passed before Tina and Mathew got an appointment with a doctor. They got to the hospital early and waited a while before they were called in. They spoke with the doctor for some minutes telling him about the symptoms Mathew is facing and found out that it was Liver cancer.
“how do you know its Liver cancer” the doctor asked
“he went for a test” Tina quickly responded.
“hmmm, I see. We need to run an X-ray on him ma’am”
“alright” she said with her heart almost jumping from her mouth. Mathew just sat there watching his wife and the doctor decide for him. He was very weak and could barely speak.
The X-ray was done and the result came an hour later.
“he has metastatic liver cancer”
“I don’t understand”
“ma’am it’s a rare condition that occurs when cancer originates in the liver and spreads to other organs in the body”
“what does that mean now” Mathew spoke weakly
“it means you need to be admitted immediately”
“why does he have to be admitted?” Tina asked with so much grieve
“he has to be admitted, this is a critical condition. If you still want to have some time with your husband you he needs to be admitted”.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello, Thank you for taking your time to read this. Please like, tag your friends, comment and share.
Thank you.
‪#‎BarbraAustin‬

No comments:

Post a Comment