Friday 13 November 2015

Tears (Part 11)



Lana looked at her mom lying lifeless on the floor. Blood spilled out from the back of her head, her head hit a glass stool lying carelessly on the floor. The side of her stomach was also bleeding from the bullet that hit her. Lana moved closer and rested her head on her mom's chest. "Mommy please wake up, please mommy, am scared, I don't want to stay here alone. Mommy wake up please." she cried so much.
Stark stood there, shaky and looking at the gun in his hand. He ran upstairs, came back with a grey bedsheet. He pushed Lana off the body. She struggled with him, “you’ve killed my mother", a slap sent her back to the floor. " you are lucky I didn't kill you too". He wrapped the body with the sheet and carried it on his shoulder. He pointed the gun at Lana, " follow me", she obeyed. He got to his car, opened the trunck and threw the body in. "Don't put my mom there" she sobbed, he ignored her and went to close the door of the house. He got back, " get in",
"Where are we going to?"
"I said get in" He spoke firmly. Scared of another stinging slap she got into the car and shut the door. He got behind the wheels, his hands shaky. He started the car and zoomed off.
For about 20 minutes he kept driving. His eyes fixed on the road. He ignored her sobs."Why did you kill mommy", she asked amidst her tears, " will you shut up! And let me concentrate". She kept mute but still sobbed.
Suddenly he stopped. He screened the environment before stepping out of the car. The route was usually  used by few people. He got to the back of the car, opened the trunck and searched for his flashlight he found it and flicked it on, then pulled out the body and slung it over his shoulder. He slammed the trunck shut.
"Come with me Lana!".
She opened the door and followed, her arms wrapped around herself, the evening breeze was chilly. So many questions were going through her head but she dare to ask any.
They went further and further, all she could see were trees and bushes. She heard sounds from different directions, she got scared and tried to keep up with Stark's pace.
He stopped and looked round to see if there was a sign of anyone, he flung the body to the ground and turned to go, she got closer to the body of her mom. " Lana let's go damn it!" she turned to him tearfully " I want to tell mommy goodbye",
"What's the point! She won't hear you"
"She will, I know she will",
"Okay, go ahead, let me do some good today".
She knelt down beside her mother,"mom, I don't know if you can hear me. I'm scared and I need you, i'm alone now, daddy doesn't like me, you are the only one that loves me, please come back mommy, I don't want to be alone, wake up please", tears trickled down her face as she spoke, she looked at the body and expected some sort of miracle, but nothing happened, everything was quiet. She decided to lie next to the body.
"What the heck are you doing?"
"I'm waiting for her to wake up",
"She won't, she's gone forever, now stand up and let's go",
"No, am not going with you, I'm staying here with my mom",
He got impatient and dragged her up. "Please, let's not leave mommy alone, it's dark and she's the only one here, please". He ignored her plea and dragged her till they got to the car. He pushed her in, slammed the door,got behind the wheel and drove away madly. His heart raced fast.
She didn't stop crying, her eyes were already red and swollen from so much tears. Finally they got home. He got out of the car. She didn't budge. "Don't annoy me further, come out!". She got out reluctantly, her hands folded all she felt at that moment was hatred for him. Immediately they got in, he pulled her by her ears towards himself.
"Everything that happened here, don't tell anyone, if you do, I will kill you, if you run away, I will find you, do you hear me?" she nodded, " now go upstairs, clean up, sleep and forget about your mom, she's not coming back. It's her fault she's dead". She turned to go, her joy had left her, her laughter had gone, her childhood had been taken away from her, her head bowed as she walked towards her room.
He got into his own room, pulled out the gun from his pocket, threw it into an open drawer, got into his bathroom picked a little blue towel, got down stairs to the kitchen, filled a bowl with water. He got to the sitting room, to the spot where Michelle fell. He stood for a minute, her pleading face flashed through his mind eyes, he still heard her voice pleading. He shoved the thoughts off, got down on his knees and cleaned the stains of blood carefully. When he had finished, he flushed the bloody water down the kitchen sink,washed the bowl and kept it in it's position. He got upstairs to his room and entered his bathroom, he dumped the towel in his laundry basket. He looked into the mirror but didn't see his own reflection, he saw her pleading face again, he moved back and closed his eyes for many seconds, when he opened his eyes, his own reflection showed. He sighed, reached into his pocket and brought out a little bottle, poured all the powdery substance into his left palm and sniffed in everything, he coughed so much as he staggered to his gigantic bed and slept off, snoring loudly.
Lana sat on the bed, no tears came down again, but her heart still cried. She laid down and slept off. She woke up suddenly when she heard a knock at the door, she looked at the clock, it was 2:30am, she got scared. The knock persisted but she ignored it.
"Lana it's me", she recognised her mother's voice, she jumped out of bed, rushed to the door and opened it, she saw her mom holding her bleeding side, her clothes all bloody and dirty. "MOM", she was shocked to see her. "Mom! I thought you died" she reached out for her mother's free hand and tried to pull her in, Michelle smiled painfully "Lana, run away," her hand slowly slipped from Lana's hands, Lana tried to tighten her grip "Mommy please don't leave me", she slowly faded, Lana started seeing through her, "Lana, please run", she disappeared. "Mommy don't go" she screamed.
Her eyes opened, she looked round, there was no sign of her mother, she looked towards the door and didn't hear any knock. She realised it had been a dream, fresh tears came down. She felt empty, a huge void had been created. She cried till she slept off again.
8a:m, she woke up famished and thirsty, she got downstairs to the kitchen, but stopped when she heard Stark's voice, she listened carefully again and heard Matilda's voice.
"You shouldn't have killed her, it will raise questions especially Luke, what were you thinking?" she sounded angry,
"I was scared, I didn't know what else to do, everything in my head then was to kill her. She was going to put us into trouble".
Matilda gave a dry laugh,
"Us!, no, no, no!, I didn't rape Lana, neither did I kill Michelle, what you've have done is on you, there is no 'us' ",
"If I didn't my drug deals would be exposed and my link to you and your business would be exposed too, so you see I did us a favour by killing her", he sounded defensive.
Lana couldn't believe what she heard. She could barely breath. A knock at the door distracted her, Stark and Matilda seemed not to hear they continued arguing. She rushed to the door, opened it and saw Luke.
"What is wrong Lana?",
"Uncle Luke, I want to leave",
He laughed, "Why do you want to leave",
"Please take me away with you", he raised an eyebrow.
"Heyyyy Luke! You're here", she froze when she heard Stark's voice behind her, she didn't dare to turn back.



 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello, Thank you for taking your time to read this. Please like, comment and share.
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment