Sunday 15 November 2015

Tears (Part 12)



"Hey man! How are you?", Luke responded.
"Am fine",
"What's wrong with Lana, she looks disturbed". Stark pulled Lana to himself, "don't mind her, she's just being naughty", he laughed. Lana wanted to pull away from his grip and tell Luke the whole truth, but his threat kept coming back to her mind, she feared for her life. She stayed mute and kept a face without expression.
"I just came to see Michelle, I’m going on a business trip and I won't be back for a while",
"Uhmmm! She's not in, she stepped out",
"When will she be back?, I can wait",
"No, no, don't wait, she would be put for a long time. Have you called her mobile",
"I've done that, but it's not responsive".
Stark looked at Lana, he saw her face and feared she might spill the secret. "Lana, go to your room", she obeyed.
Luke felt an uneasiness but didn't push to know what was actually happening. "I have to go now, guess I've to leave without seeing her. Just let her know I was here, I would keep calling her though",
"Alright, not a problem. I will make sure she knows you were here".
Luke looked at Stark intently, "are you alright, you don't sound like yourself, is everything okay?",
"Yea sure, am fine", Stark answered quickly.
"If you say so", he turned and left.
Stark sighed deeply, he wasn't breathing properly the whole time. He hurried back to the kitchen, he met Matilda standing, her hands folded. "I heard everything! How long would you keep up with this? Luke would definitely come back from that trip and would want to see Michelle, maybe that time you would tell him she travelled to the moon", she sounded pissed.
"I don't know what to do Mal. What do I do?”
"I don't know either, this is your mess, so fix it". She resumed cooking, "what are you cooking?” he asked,
"What's the time?",
"8:30am",
"So you should know am making breakfast, not for you, but for Lana. At least let her eat something. She hasn't eaten anything".
"Okay, I guess I should leave you now",
"You should".
Lana laid on the bed, feeling trapped and alone. Her thoughts were on her mom. Two knocks at the door distracted her but she ignored it. The door opened, she didn't budge.
"Lana, it's me", she turned to see Matilda holding a tray of breakfast, she took her eyes off. Matilda got closer and placed the tray on the bed beside her.
"Lana, you don't have to be like this. Don't get me wrong I know how you feel, but I want you to forget all that has happened and face life, I will be there for you",
"You can't take my mom's place" she said with a blank face.
"I know I can't"
"And I don't want to go to school again",
"Why won't you?, you have to, as long as you are in my house"
"Is this your house?",
"Yes it is",
" I thought it was for uncle Stark, but where do you go to every evening?",
"Well I go to take care of my business. Anyway, eat your food i'm sure your are hungry",
"I'm not hungry". Matilda ignored her and went out of the room. By the time she came back, she saw Lana sleeping, the breakfast cleared. She picked up the tray, took a glance at Lana before shutting the door carefully.
2 weeks later, by 6:00pm, Luke came around. Lana was quick to come down to get the door, she knew who would be at the door. She opened it and her expectation was meant. Luke stood smiling, "hey princess, where's mommy", he asked.
"She's not here"
"Arrrghhh! Againnn!", just then Stark came out to see who Lana was talking to, when he saw Luke, he almost lost his breath.
"You're back!",
"Yea I am, where's Michelle",
"He killed her", she answered and quickly moved behind Luke for protection.
"What are you talking about Lana?, who killed who?". She pointed at Stark, " He killed my Momma and threw her away somewhere".
Luke shoved his hands into his pockets and turned to Stark, "are you sure she's alright". "She is", Stark responded trying to maintain a calm composure. Lana tugged at the back of Luke's shirt,"uncle Luke, believe me, he used his gun to kill her, he raped me too. Take me away with you please", she pleaded.
"Hold on!, hold on!, what's going on here?", he started seeing some sense in Lana's words.
"2 weeks ago, I was here, you told me Michelle stepped out, now am back, she's not around again, Stark is this some form of joke or what, if it is, it's really expensive, stop it!",
Stark couldn't respond, his mouth suddenly went dry, one hand in his pocket, the other on his head. He didn't know what to say, all the lies he had cooked up in his brain vanished. "Look!, it all happened quickly, I didn't mean to kill her, and the rape i......i.....i... was kinda high",
"This is some kind of prank right! Okay fine, you got me! Please tell where Michelle is and stop this joke, it's not funny anymore",
"She's not here",
"Then where is she?",
"She might have decayed by now",
"WHAT!!!", Luke's eyes widened " you killed Michelle for real",
"I didn't mean to, I wasn't thinking straight. She was going to drag me to jail",
"You killed Michelle!!!" his voice became loud and angry. He moved closer to Stark, held his neck with both hands using all the strength he could muster. "You killed the one woman I love, you rape her daughter, and you don't sound remorseful, what are you if not the Devil himself",
"Luke you are hurting me", he tried to pull Luke's hands from his throat,
"I will hurt you more Stark". He released him and that left him coughing and gasping for air for some time. Luke reached out for Lana's hand " i'm taking her with me and I will make sure the police and everyone hears about this, I will not keep quiet",
"Don't push me Luke, that's what Michelle did, now she's dead",
"I am not scared of you Stark"
"You should be"
Stark yanked Lana's hand from Luke's hand." you are going no where with her".
Luke folded his hand into a fist, he took Stark by surprise as the blow landed on his nose, he fell to the floor, he touched his nose. It was bleeding.
"I won't take the law into my hands, would leave the law to take care of you accordingly. When i'm back this house would come down", Luke spoke with anger and firmness, his eyes were watery.
"I hope you live to see it come down" stark scoffed,
"I will Stark, I will", he looked at Lana, "am coming to get you soon", she nodded fearfully. He turned to go.
"Rest In Peace Luke!",
"No, it's Rest In Prison Stark!".




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello, Thank you for taking your time to read this. Please like, comment and share.
Thank you.
‪#‎BarbraAustin‬

2 comments: