Thursday 5 November 2015

Tears (Part 9)




7a:m and her eyes are shut. She feels something on her ear and sleepily shoves it off, a continuous tap on her arm made her groan, she opened her eyes slowly, "mommy", "Lana, what is it?", "Am 11 today", her eyes widened, “how on earth did I forget!" she thought. Michelle sat up, rubbed her eyes, she felt a pang of guilt, she didn't get anything for Lana.
"Oh! My baby is growing up" she said as she pulled Lana to her bossom and sang her the birthday song. "So am I getting any present", "yes you are my darling", "yipeeee" she screamed as she got into the bathroom. She sighed, she didn't feel like going anywhere, she just wanted to be indoor, now this was going to make her step out. She cracked her head on the perfect present for an eleven year old.
Two hours later, she got ready to get a present for her pearl, she still felt reluctant but she had to. Her hand barely touched the door knob when it opened. Stark and Luke had presents with them. She wasn't surprised that stark remembered Lana's birthday, but seeing Luke with a huge present made her wonder. They exchanged greetings as they got in. Stark called out to Lana, she came running, knowing she was about to get something special from her treasured uncle. She stood in front of him grinning." I want you to see Luke's present first honey", she nodded happily. Her eyes popped at the size of the present he was holding, "happy birthday Lana" Luke said, she barely responded as she pulled it from his hand, her hands were impatient as she unwrapped it. Out came a huge white teddy bear, it was almost her height; she shrieked and jumped on him. "Thank you Uncle Luke, I love my present", "Am glad you do princess".
“now, Luke don't steal my niece" He feigned jealousy. He handed her two boxes, she opened the first and saw a box of chocolates, she grinned from ear to ear. She opened the second box and pulled out a black glittering dress, she jumped with glee, then hugged her uncle. Michelle stood feeling left out; her shoulders slumped at each present she opened. She turned to Michelle "mom, where's my present ", "errrmmm, I didn't......", "mom has a present for you", stark interrupted.”I do?" Michelle looked confused. Stark handed her another box, she opened it and saw a red shoe, she hugged her mom tightly "thanks mom", Michelle returned the embrace and mouthed the words 'thank you' to Stark.
Just then Mal came in sight with a cake, "happy birthday little one", Lana beamed. "How did you know?" Michelle asked, "Mr. Stark told me", "oh!
They all sang the birthday song for her, then the candles on the cake was lighted. She closed her eyes for few seconds then blew.
Luke became a constant face in the house; Lana got fond of him and was always happy when he came around. Stark was seen less and less in the house. He was always busy and refused to tell Michelle what kept him busy whenever she asked.
She was already getting bored of staying at home, basking in luxury. She wanted to get busy and earn her own money. When she was married to Mark, she never worked for a day, she was a stay home mom. Now she wanted more out of life, she wanted to earn her own. She had a date with Luke in the evening, she would bring it up and hear what he had to say.
He came around at about 6:15pm looking Very casual, she was also casual in her appearance but still looked stunning.
"You always look beautiful ",
"Thanks"
He stared at her deeply, it got her uneasy.
"What is it Luke?”
"I want to say something"
"Go on"
"Okay, ermm I don't know how to put it"
“put it anyhow I would understand"
"You know we've been seeing each other for a while now"
"Yes"
"Well, I want something more concrete, I want to be the only man in your life, I can't ask for a better woman, you're perfect for me and I’m in love with you",
She took his trembling hands, “Luke I can't say I’m in love with you, but I like you a lot, I love hanging out with you and I know we've a connection but then I want us to take things slow",
"No, am not taking things slow, I want you in my life, I want you to be the only woman in my life, solely you. Can't you understand?"
"Luke don’t be......   " before she could finish her statement his lips covered hers, she gasped, he put his hands on her hips, sliding them slowly to her back as he drew her closer, she tensed!. In her head she was screaming 'NO', but in reality she was giving in. His cologne overpowered her, it seemed to draw her closer to him, her shaky hands dugged into his shoulders, a shudder ran through her as his mouth explored. Suddenly she pulled away and put a hand across her mouth. "Christ! What am I doing?" she looked flustered, his vision was blurred "am sorry, but I couldn't help it"
"Can we just go now?"
"No, we can't, Please Michelle give this a chance"
"But Luke, it's too sudden", she looked indecisive.
"I know, but let's try, I said try because of you, but I know what I want, I want this, I want us".
She placed her palm on her forehead and paced. She really liked Luke but she didn't want another Mark, sweet in the beginning then bitter in the end. He got down on one Knee, pulled her close,
"Michelle, look at me please, we are not leaving this place until I get a yes and I mean it"
"Luke stand up"
"No, am not going to"
"Lana may come down and see this"
"I don't care, I only care for a Yes"
"Arrghhh Lukeeee! Okayyy, fine, just a trial"
He shot up and embraced her "thank you", his face beamed, he felt lighter. Deep down he treasured her. "Let's go", he shut the door behind them.
They got to a restaurant and were already seated when a waiter came to attend to them. Luke spoke to the waiter as her eyes scanned the place. Her eyes rested on a familiar man, her heart skipped, she wasn't expecting to see him anytime soon, her throat suddenly became dry. He saw her too and gave a devilish smile, he got up and walked towards them, her hands trembled, there was fear in her eyes.
"Are you alright” Luke asked
"Behind you"
He turned to see a good looking man approaching, "who is he?"
"Mark"
"Who is Mark?"
Before she could respond he was there. "Hello whore Michelle, one of your clients I presume",
"Hey watch it” Luke felt insulted and angry at how he spoke to her
"Luke please don’t respond" she visibly trembled, "Michelle talk to me, who is he?"
"Well, let me do the introduction myself, my name is Mark Benjamin and I'm her husband"
"Ex" she corrected with a hint of anger.
"Who cares to know whore"
Luke was loosing his cool but controlled himself “watch your words mister" He stood up to show his irritation and seriousness. Mark was a bit intimidated by his physique “whoa! Okay big man I’m gone. Enjoy" He blew a mocking kiss towards her and walked away. She sighed deeply but still shook. "How the hell did you get involved with him “his voice almost raised, she just shook her head words couldn't form, she blinked rapidly trying to stop the tears from trickling down, but no matter how hard she blinked it came pouring. He felt awful seeing her tears and drew closer to her to comfort her.
Back home, Lana laid on the bed, beside her present. She admired and stroked the furs of the teddy. She felt hungry, dinner was supposed to be for 7:00pm but it was 7:15pm she wondered why Mal delayed. A knock on the door,
"Come in", Stark got in
"Uncle Stark",
"Yes hun"
"Mal, has not called for dinner and I’m a bit hungry"
"Oh my poor baby, I told her it's okay for her to leave early, you were fast asleep then, but I would make something for you"
He got closer and sat at the edge of the bed close to her, she laid back, drew her teddy closer.
"You came home early today”, he had a thin lipped smile” I came to spend time with my baby". She smiled. He got closer and ran his hands lightly on her arm lightly. “I love your gown", thanks, mommy got it for me",
"Oh really, it's beautiful. Lift up your gown let me see the colour of what you wore under"
"Why?" her eyes narrowed, her smile slowly turned to a question look. She knew what he asked was wrong. "Lift your gown up" He voice hardened this time, she wrapped her arms around herself and the teddy as she shook her head. He suddenly got angry, yanked the teddy from her, threw it to the floor, he pulled her roughly as she tried getting away screaming.

1 comment:

  1. Suspense!!!...please don't delay the part 10....incredible story....all in one head...kudos

    ReplyDelete