Tuesday 24 May 2016

OBSESSED INCEST (Part 5)

INCERTITUDE

Mathew knew he had some explaining to do when they get home and he was ready to defend himself if she decided to probe him. As soon they got home, Tina sent the kids to their rooms, she was visibly unhappy.
“Mathew who is she to you?”
“what kind of question is that?”
“stop answering a question with a question Mathew and answer me”
“she’s a colleague”
“oh I see! Did you see the way you neglected the kids and I immediately she came”
“Neglected you say! When I was trying to talk to you and the kids I was getting cold answers, so what did you expect me to do when my colleague came”
“A colleague or a mistress Mathew”. The next thing she knew was a stinging slap across her face. For some seconds her vision went dim and she saw tiny shiny dots. By the time she got stable he wasn’t there anymore. She raced after him and dragged him by the collar.
“Mathew you have to finish what you started, I am tired and sick of you, what exactly do you want from me? What have I not endured? What have I not done?” her voice was already high and shaky. He shook her off him vigorously and pushed her to the floor
“Tina don’t test me this night or else the result would be sour”
“Look Mathew you have done worse already”, he slapped her again, took her arm and twisted it till it she screamed in pain.
“You have to learn to shut your mouth up” he said as he pushed her to the floor. She laid there crying; he crossed over her and went straight to the room. She got up, straightened herself and sat down still crying.
From then on she observed everything he said, how he answered his calls and always probed him to know why he came back from work late. She wasn’t ready to let any woman take her place in a home she had built with the man she got married to. She wasn’t ready to watch everything crumble right under her nose. She felt he was seeing the woman that met them at the restaurant. Anytime she had the opportunity to be alone with his cell phone, she would quickly run through all his messages and emails to see if there was a dark secret he kept from her.
On a Friday evening the door bell rings. She cleaned her hands on her favourite blue napkin in the kitchen and rushed to the door. She opened the door to see the pretty Trisha beaming.
“goodevening Mrs. Mathew”
“evening”
“came to see your husband, is he around?’
“why do you want to see him?”
“we have some little discussions to dwell on”
“what kind of discussions?”, by this time Trisha was already uncomfortable she sensed something wasn’t right about the way she was being answered.
“Errrr, I think this is not a good time to see him, I will come back later”
“No, don’t go anywhere, stay I will call him for you”, Trisha watched Tina call out her husband with so much confusion. He came out looking sleepy. Immediately he saw Trisha his face lit up.
“goodevening Trisha. Come in why are you standing outside”. Tina clapped her hands thrice and laughed
“so you are the one that wants to break this family up”
“ma’am I really don’t know what you are talking about”. Mathew got irritated but waited to see the next action of Tina”
“you don’t know? Okay let me use simple English. So you are the one taking what does not belong to you”
“I still don’t understand”
“Trisha forget about her and come, she rants alot, I live with a mad woman”. Trisha looked at him with shock on her face when he said that.
“I’m so sorry Mr. Mathew but we will see in the office, you shouldn’t have called me to the house if you knew things were this way”. She turned to go despite the pleas of Mathew. Tina stood with her hands folded. He turned to her and glared at her.
“can you see how you have embarrassed me in front of my colleague, you are just a devil sent, I don’t know what attracted me to you in the first place”
“you can say all you want to say Mathew but I will not sit down and watch another woman take over this home”
“I’m surprised you still call this home” he let out a dry laugh and left her heart torn to shreds. She regretted her action, it began to feel wrong and she felt stupid for overreacting. She had to apologize to him.
Gently she pushed the door to their room and saw him lying outstretched on the bed. Her steps were slow and quiet until she got to him.
“I’m sorry” his eyes flicked open, “what did you say”, “ I said I am sorry”
“you are now sorry after you have already done what you planned to do”
“I just got threatened honey, I was so insecure, I didn’t want to loose what we had, I am truly sorry. Would you forgive me”
“I don’t have your time now, just let me be”. In order to not get him angrier she left him alone and went to the living room to think. She knew she messed up real bad. “maybe he doesn’t have anyone he is seeing, I am just getting worked up” she thought.
Meanwhile, Williams and Mia heard all the commotions but were already tired of always going to plead on behalf of their mother. Williams didn’t bother anymore but Mia was always so scared when she heard their parents fight. The sight of her father hitting her mother always scared her. She would curl in her bed and shut her eyes as she heard the screams of her mother. “When I grow up I would not get married” she always thought. Apart from her brother she grew to dislike the male specie especially her father. His presence in the house always made her gloomy, she wondered how Williams could still move around the house freely the way he did. Every time she prayed that her father would go on a long and never return but in the end she would feel guilty, “after all he’s my dad” she would sigh.
One morning her wish came through she heard him tell her mother
“I am going on a business trip for a week”. She expected her mother to probe and find out where exactly he would be but she didn’t. When she told Williams about the trip, his face lit up,
“finally the terrorist would be gone. One week of bliss, Yippee!”. She watched her brother jubilate and smiled soon the house would be free of his grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment